[Pki-users] Publishing CRL on Certs

Marc Sauton msauton at redhat.com
Sat Dec 10 22:26:28 UTC 2016

It is called "CRL publishing" (to file), and there are a few configuration
steps all in the "main" configuration file called CS.cfg (e.g.
/etc/pki/pki-ca1from80/ca/CS.cfg)
stop the CA before any manual edits (need to know what to change), or use
the pkiconsole UI to make changes.

It may seem a little bit confusing at first, but the system is flexible,
with the components called "mappers, publishers, and rules".
I will refer to the online documentation for the details and examples:
You can have one CRL, CRL issuing points, delta CRLs.

http://pki.fedoraproject.org/wiki/CRL_Publishing
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Certificate_System/9/html/Administration_Guide/Publishing.html
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Certificate_System/9/html/Administration_Guide/Configuring_Publishers_for_Publishing_to_a_File.html

and
https://access.redhat.com/site/solutions/400253
Red Hat Certificate System CRL publishing to file

Thanks,
M.