[Pki-users] [Non-DoD Source] Re: Fedora 22 - ESC Error

Christina Fu cfu at redhat.com
Fri Jan 29 18:46:25 UTC 2016

Hi Neill,
I'm not sure what could have gone wrong.  And again, I'm really not an
expert in this area.  Our smart card guy has been out sick.
And apparently I'm not doing a good job playing him ;-).

Could you provide your esc version?
Our latest f22 esc is here:

One thing you could try is to see if esc is even trying to read the card
(debugging I learned from our guy).
You can rerun the pcscd like the following:

export COOL_KEY_LOG_FILE=/tmp/coolkey.debug  (this can be anything
value, I don't think it actually writes to it)
killall pcscd
/usr/sbin/pcscd -f -d -a
(this will produce a lot of debugging on terminal)

restart esc on another terminal (*make sure you put in the phone home
url; sometimes that pops up behind the ESC*) and observe if the debug
terminal indicates any recognition of card read.

For example, on my system, when I remove my card, i can see
EHStatusHandlerThread() Card Removed From OMNIKEY AG CardMan 3121 00 00
when I reinsert it, I see
EHStatusHandlerThread() Card inserted into OMNIKEY AG CardMan 3121 00 00

Let us know how it goes.
Christina

On 01/27/2016 09:55 AM, Thornton, Neill R. CIV wrote:
> Christina,
>
> Thanks... I went into Info.plist and changed the ifdDriverOptions to each of the following:
>
> - 0x0010
> - 0x0020
> - 0x0001
> - 0x0002
>
> Restarting escd and pcsc each time.  After each change I verified that pcsc_scan was still showing the card inserted, no issues there.  Just won't show up in the ESC.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Neill

>>> 619-206-5426 - Cell