[Pki-users] Replace default caadmin key

John Hogenmiller (yt) john at yourtech.us
Tue May 10 19:01:13 UTC 2016

It turned out that that ca-agent.p12 in /root did have the key I need.
So I guess I'm good. That's getting backed up and we'll make new users
for our config management system.

For academic purposes, I am still curious as to how one would go about
this. I did update the admin user with a self-signed key, and I even
went as far as to use the CA to sign a key.  I tried creating a new
user and updating the admin user with certificates via ldapmodify.

In both cases, I got that I could not map certificate to any user.

[10/May/2016:18:27:27][http-bio-8443-exec-11]:
CertUserDBAuthentication: cannot map certificate to any user
[10/May/2016:18:27:27][http-bio-8443-exec-11]:
SignedAuditEventFactory: create()
message=[AuditEvent=AUTH_FAIL][SubjectID=CN=ipa-ca-agent, O=EXAMPLE.C
OM][Outcome=Failure][AuthMgr=certUserDBAuthMgr][AttemptedCred=CN=ipa-ca-agent,
O=EXAMPLE.COM] authentication failure