[Pki-users] pki api question with RHCS 9

Henry Graham hgraham at redhat.com
Thu Jun 8 13:30:35 UTC 2017

Hello,

I'm trying to setup a script using the API mentioned here:

http://pki.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Dogtag_10_Python_Cert_Client_API#Python_Cert_Client_API

Is there anyway to return the requestor_name and requestor_email when
you know the cert CN or serial number (or some other info unique to
the signed cert) using the PKI api?

This information is saved, I can see it in the "Agent Services" UI when I:

"Search for Certificates" -> click "Details" for the returned cert ->
then scroll down to "Certificate request info" and click the "Request
ID"

These are then both displayed on the page:
requestor_name
requestor_email

So far I can get the pki.cert.CertClient.list_certs() to return a
"CertDataInfoCollection" object just fine. This doesn't provide the
information and neither does the "CertRequestInfo" object.

Our use case is we are building an automation script that will notify
requestor's team if a cert is going to expire and the requestor_name
and requestor_email returned via api will make this job much easier.

Thanks,
Henry