[Pki-users] restore rootCA

Carlos Barrabes cbarrabes at systemonenoc.com
Mon Mar 13 15:20:18 UTC 2017

Hello,

I have a dogtag 10.2.3 acting as a rootCA on a Fedora 21 machine that I
want to restore on another machine as part of a disaster recovery
procedure. I have read and followed the procedures on migration and
recovery  described in the following links:

     http://pki.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Recovery#Overview
http://pki.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Migrating_a_CA_using_existing_CA_mechanism
http://pki.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Migrating_a_CA_using_general_mechanism

I might obviously have been doing something wrong at some point because
I end up with a CA that cant issue new certificates or cannot reissue
the old certificates from the imported database.

Having a DS db dump and the system certificates and keys exported via
PKCS12Export, do I need any other elements backed up in order to restore
the a root CA? Could someone please point me in the right direction on
how to perform the restoration?

Thanks in avance.