[Pki-users] Subject Alt names concate

Supper Florian 6342 sIT Florian.Supper at s-itsolutions.at
Fri May 5 12:24:26 UTC 2017

Hi,

related to RFC6125 ( Best practice checking server identities) i have to create a cert profile which adds the Common name from the subject into a SAN.

So far so good, this works now with this config.

policyset.cmcServerCert.10.constraint.class_id=noConstraintImpl
policyset. cmcServerCert.10.constraint.name=No Constraint
policyset. cmcServerCert.10.default.class_id=subjectAltNameExtDefaultImpl
policyset. cmcServerCert.10.default.name=Subject Alt Name Constraint
policyset. cmcServerCert.10.default.params.subjAltNameExtCritical=false
policyset. cmcServerCert.10.default.params.subjAltExtGNEnable=true
policyset. cmcServerCert.10.default.params.subjAltExtGNEnable_0=true
policyset. cmcServerCert.10.default.params.subjAltExtType_0=DNSName
policyset. cmcServerCert.10.default.params.subjAltExtPattern_0=$request.req_subject_name.cn$
policyset. cmcServerCert.10.default.params.subjAltNameNumGNs=1

Now I have to add additional SANS if the user sends them in the request.

CSR part:
Requested Extensions:
            X509v3 Subject Alternative Name:
                DNS:mywebservice.example.com, DNS:mywebservicealias.example.com

With this config, it is possible to take the SANS out of the csr and bring that in the cert..

policyset. cmcServerCert.9.constraint.class_id=noConstraintImpl
policyset. cmcServerCert.9.constraint.name=No Constraint
policyset. cmcServerCert.9.constraint.subjAltNameExtCritical=false
policyset. cmcServerCert.9.default.class_id=userExtensionDefaultImpl
policyset. cmcServerCert.9.default.name=User Supplied Extension Default
policyset. cmcServerCert.9.default.params.userExtOID=2.5.29.17

The problem what I had is that I had to take the SANS out of the request and then ADD the cn out of the subjet as SAN too.

I'm not able to get this working.

Please help.

Thanks in advanced.

Br