[Pki-users] Help about back-end database support

Christina Fu cfu at redhat.com
Wed Aug 1 01:29:52 UTC 2018

Hi Neha,
Could you clarify what is meant by "back-end database" to your site?  If you are talking about using an Sql server as CA's internal database for storing certificate requests, certificates, privileged user/group information, etc. then no.  If you are talking about using an existing SQL server which contains general users entries and the intend is to use that database as an authentication mechanism for doing certificate enrollments, then I suppose you could write an authentication plugin for that purpose.

For information on how to write an authentication plugin, you can look at
 http://www.dogtagpki.org/wiki/PKI_Authentication_Plug-ins
It's a bit old so may need a little tweaks here and there, but the framework is there.

Christina