[Pki-users] Adding a signing certificate to an existing Dogtag instance

Fraser Tweedale ftweedal at redhat.com
Wed Jun 12 05:03:37 UTC 2019

Hi Allyson,

pkispawn is not the right approach.  You can't "add" a signing
certificate to an existing IPA / Dogtag deployment in that way.

You could create Certmonger tracking requests for the end-entity
certs, configuring them to use the IPA CA when renewal is needed.
It is fine for a end-entity certificate to be renewed with a
different issuer.  As a transitional measure the current issuer
certificate can be added to the IPA trust store so that IPA-enrolled
machines will trust it.

If you wish to continue issing those EE certs with a dedicated
sub-CA, create one with the 'ipa ca-add' command and use the
Certmonger `--issuer' option to refer to it.

Cheers,
Fraser