DIR_COLORS

Has the location for configuring directory colorization changed for
xterm and gnome-terminal in RH8 and Gnome2? I just tried changing the
original directory colors line in /etc/DIR_COLORS from:

   DIR 01;34	# directory   <-- bold blue
to:
   DIR 01;33	# directory   <-- bold yellow

This change has had no effect on colorization of directory entries in
gnome-terminal or xterm. (I have no .dir_colors in my home directory).

--Doc Savage
  Fairview Heights, IL