rpm lockups - is there a fix?

I originally installed 8.0 on my test machine and made certain
everything I needed worked. I updated it with the errata w/o any
problems.

I then installed 8.0 on my desktop and rpm locks up almost every time
I install something.

I found this on this list and that allows me to keep trying until it
finally works.

http://www.linuxlaboratory.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=FAQ&file=index&myfaq=yes&id_cat=5&categories=Software%2FPackage+Management&parent_id=1#13

I even did a 'rpm --rebuilddb' but it still happens most of the time.

I looked in bugzilla and found a pointer to some test packages an RPM
employee made back in October, but I haven't installed them yet. If
they fix the problem is there a reason they haven't made it through
the QA process yet and been released as updates?

Thanks,
Dave