postscript and pdf merging

Does RH8 come with software tools to merge pdf or ps files.  I see that
I can convert between the two, but just wondering if I can create a new
pdf that is created from multiple pdfs.  By that I mean, each pdf file
is a different page.  I guess it would also be helpful if there is a way
to merge pdf pages into one page, also.  Like a preview page or have 4
pages viewed as one page.  I hope any of this makes sense.  Thanks.
--
Joshua Melbourne White <jmwhite3 ncsu edu>