Re: What to use for dialup now rp3's gone?

On Tuesday 03 December 2002 18:20, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 04:57:42PM +0000, Neil Bird wrote:
> >    Seems rp3's now finally disappeared - what are we supposed to use now
> > (don't say ifup!)?  modemlights is the closest I could find, but it
> > seems a bit pants (no error timeouts or anything).
> >
> >    Have I missed the rp3 replacement?
> >
> > --
>
> What is wrong with kppp. Works well for me.

"neat" to set up the modem-connection, and "redhat-control-network" (or
"neat") to start the connection. You don't have to be root to run
"redhat-control-network". Just make sure that all users can activate the
modem when you configure it in neat. Works for me.

--
Øystein Olsen, oystein olsen astro uio no, http://folk.uio.no/oeysteio
Institute of Theoretical Astrophysics, http://www.astro.uio.no