Re: Web Mail question : How to change the link to start OpenOffice instead of AbiWord

Hi Michael,

At 10:34 AM 12/3/2002 -0800, Michael Knepher wrote:
- snip -
What browser are you using? Sounds like you'll need to play with the
mime settings in that browser. In Mozilla, look in Edit --> Preferences
--> Navigator --> Helper Applications.

The story is

After making following editing
From Control Center -> File Browsing -> File Associations ...
moveing OpenOffice up on top of AbiWord

I sent an email with a document created on MS OfficeXP, a table inside, as attachment to following email accounts respectively.

aaa yahoo com
aaa hotmail com
laaa ycos com

I used Konqueror to browse their websites. Only in yahoo.com the aforesaid document can be opened with a click in OpenOffice and read correctly. In the other 2 websites, clicking the document it died automatically. It looks to me a little bid funny. I also tried Netscape with the same result.

Thanks

Stephen Liu