Re: What to use for dialup now rp3's gone?

Around about 03/12/2002 17:40, Oeystein Olsen typed ...
"neat" to set up the modem-connection, and "redhat-control-network" (or "neat") to start the connection. You don't have to be root to run "redhat-control-network". Just make sure that all users can activate the modem when you configure it in neat. Works for me.

Yes, under RH7.3 the network config. app. was root-only. Certainly a possibility, only having lost rp3 I not only lose the piece-of-mind applet showing me up/download/connection activity, but also the net. conf. monitor (as they were one & the same). I don't think the net. conf. app. has any built-in feedback.

   Does it cope with errors like modem not responding, etc., like rp3
used to?

--
[neil fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil fnx ~]# ls -l .signature