Re: Why you should not buy Promise products if you use Linux

From: "JUSTIN GERRY" <JGERRY butchers com>

> Then again I probably should have stuck with RedHat's software based
> RAID, I've had a server running that for over a year with no
? problems to
> date.

Justin, I have a quibble with your statement there. You are
making an improper assumption. It is the kernel Red Hat uses for
their distribution. It is not strictly speaking their kernel. It
is a collaborative effort of the entire Linus Kernel group. And
to be honest they have rather noticed the lack of Promise
support that floats around. There's not much they can do about
it legally. (I suspect this is one of the reasons Linus wants
to have the kernel block all foreign modules such as nvidia
video card drivers and Promise drivers for which source is
never released.)

{o.o}