Sound using AD1980 codec

Hello all,
I am new to Linux and recently installed RH 8.0 on a system I built using
the Intel D845PEBT2 motherboard.  For now I would like to use the on-board
sound but have not been able to find much info about configs or drivers for
the Analog Devices AD1980 codec.  Red Hat detects an audio device but I get
no audio output.  Has anyone gotten this configured and working or is it
even possible yet?  Much of what I have found so far has pointed to ALSA but
I can't tell if it will support this audio.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks.

-Brian