Re: Why you should not buy Promise products if you use Linux

>You are comparing hardware raid with software raid here. Promise
"raid"
>is nothing more than software raid, and in fact we ship an
experimental
>driver (GPL) for it already.

Well, I am comparing hardware RAID, my bad, I just did not make that
clear. I've used DPT, Adaptec, Mylex (I think thats it) and other SCSI
RAID 5 setups.

>Red Hat's software raid is indeed better than Promise's software
raid...

Like I said I have one older sever working perfectly with Redhat 7.1 or
7.2 software RAID  setup.

Thanks,
-Justin