adaptec AIC7xxx revisted

Hello All,
         I just got the fancy pants version of Redhat 8.0.  It appears to go
into a never ending plummeting halt when it comes time to install the
Adaptec aic7xxx driver.  What can I do?  I'm using a SS50 Space Walker
Shuttle with an adaptec 29160.  In doing a cursory google search it appears
that this is a frequent problem with Redhat, but was supposed to be solved
at 7.3 ..   Has anybody run into it?  Does anyone know how to fix it?  Can
anyone cure my splitting headache?

-Kelly

--It was 5 a.m. and the sky was grey like it always is in paperbacks.