Re: Connecting to Win 2K with Samba

On Fri, 2002-12-06 at 11:16, Bob Parry wrote:
> I have a small home business network with one Win 2K one Win XP and
> one Red Hat 8.0 machine.  The Linux box can connect and share the
> printer on the XP machine.  However I can not connect to the Linux
> box from the Windows boxes.

> The error I get is "Path not Found".  The Samba server appears in the
> Network Neighbour Hood but does not connect.
I highly recommend you try out swat for configuring samba.  The 'online'
help, and option selection of swat can be invaluable.  It looks like
you're not spelling the name, or specifying the path correctly.  Have a
look at /var/log/samba/smbd.log to see why the connections are not
getting through.

Also, try smbstatus to see if it likes your smb.conf file, and of course
make sure smbd (and nmbd) are running: '/etc/init.d/smb status'.
Iain Buchanan <iain nospam pcorp com au>
Every successful person has had failures but repeated failure is no
guarantee of eventual success.