Re: audio skipping with 2.4.18-18.8.0 kernel

On Thu, 2002-12-05 at 19:59, mike jurney org wrote:
> I installed the recently released 2.4.18-18.8.0 kernel, and now I
> consistently get skips in the audio output from grip.  Has anyone else
> seen this behavior?  Is there a vm parameter I can tweak to up the
> priority of audio data moving through the kernel vm?
>
> --
> Michael D. Jurney
> mike jurney org

Does your audio only skip when playing with grip or also when playing
from other programs?
If it's only grip you could try increasing the priority. Otherwise,
you're in for some serious system tuning. I found the following guide
helpful: http://ccrma-www.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/tuning.html

Klaasjan Brand <kjb dds nl>