Re: ANSI graphics not displaying properly in 8.0

Well, where are you seeing the problem?  Ncurses, for instance, works
properly in a local gnome-terminal, xterm, and the system consoles.

If you're seeing the problem on a remote terminal emulator, then you
need to tell your terminal emulator that the RHL system is using a UTF-8
character set.  When you tell your term the correct character set,
ncurses (among other things) will display properly.

If you're having a problem with some hokey application spitting out 8
bit characters on the system console, hoping that they'll form some
fruity graphics, then maybe those applications need to be updated to

In either of those cases, what you're seeing isn't a bug.  It's a change
that will be the case for future releases.

The old, bad, behavior can be had by setting LANG to en_US in