Debug linux to Windows Printer problem

I have set up a printer on a windows machine as a shared printer.
Samba is set up on my RH8.0 machine.  I can see the shares properly on
both machines.

When I use the test on the printer configuration program, it says it
sent the test page to the printer.

Nothing happens. When I use lpq to look at the queue, I find:

Printer: hp5l localhost
 Queue: no printable jobs in queue
 Server: no server active
 Rank   Owner/ID                  Class Job Files                 Size
Time
error  root localhost+222           A   222 ERROR: job removal requested

How can I find out what is going on?  I have searched web for clues, but
find nothing useful.

Help please!

--
Cy Ball