Re:ide drives - revisited

Many thanks to all those who offered help on my IDE errors. It ended up
being the IDE cable, as it wasn't the newer type.

Now I get nice clean boots again.

I might add this though.

I installed, formatted etc, this drive in the RH8 install program. This
using the old cable (UDMA 33 Style). When I put the new style cable in
and booted, my initial problems disappeared but boot failed to swapon,
as it could not find hda3. I used the second drive connector on the new
cable and swapon was fine on all consecutive boots. Do the newer IDE
cables have A and B ends like a floppy? Or is it just coincidence?

dw