Re: Connecting to Win 2K with Samba

Bob Parry wrote:

> Well I'm making "progress".  I have tried net use from the windows
> boxes but I did not know the sintax properly.  I tried as you suggested
> and the error has changed!
>
> It now says that no service is running at the the Samba end.

That may be your problem - the smb service is not running.
What does

service smb status

show? Should be something like this:

smbd (pid 5115) is running...
nmbd (pid 5120) is running...

If it's:

smbd is stopped
nmbd is stopped

Then start it with:

service smb start

Starting SMB services:                         [  OK  ]
Starting NMB services:                         [  OK  ]

And to have it always start at boot

chkconfig --level 345 smb on

-tkb