Re: Psyche and xinetd

On Wed, 2002-12-11 at 20:20, Taylor, ForrestX wrote:

> Use ssh instead of telnet.  If you are connecting from a Windows
> machine, get cygwin,

Theres load of ssh clients out there for windows,
try PenguiNet from Silicon Circus

http://www.siliconcircus.com/penguinet

> which is a terminal for Windows.  Make sure that
> you install openssh.
>
> /sbin/chkconfig telnet on
>
> will fix your problem.

Not ever setup a telnet server (always used ssh), but as the telent
server is running from xinetd, I presume that the server is off by
default,
check to make sure that the line in /etc/xinetd.d/telent (I presume) is:

disable = no

Hope that helps

Mark
--
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism;
to steal from many is research.