Zip 100 Parallel Drive -

I am trying to install a zip100 parallel port drive that I have used on two other RH-7.3 computers and keep getting an error message -

[root box1 root]# mount /dev/sda4
mount: /dev/sda4 is not a valid block device

I put the line alias block-major-8 ppa
in /etc/modules.conf

and /sbin/insmod ppa
in /etc/rc.d/rc.local

I made a directory /mnt/zip and /etc/fstab is as follows -

[root box1 root]# cat /etc/fstab
LABEL=/                 /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
/dev/hdb3               swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
/dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
/dev/fd0                /mnt/floppy             ext2    noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0
/dev/cdrom1             /mnt/cdrom1             iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
/dev/hda1               /mnt/dos                vfat    noauto,owner       0 0
/SWAP                   swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
/dev/sda4               /mnt/zip                ext2    noauto,defaults 0 0

dmesg yields the following -

ppa: Version 2.07 (for Linux 2.4.x)
ppa: Found device at ID 6, Attempting to use EPP 32 bit
ppa: Found device at ID 6, Attempting to use PS/2
ppa: Communication established with ID 6 using PS/2
scsi1 : Iomega VPI0 (ppa) interface
 Vendor: IOMEGA    Model: ZIP 100           Rev: D.09

Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong?

Bob Goodwin   Durant, Florida