RE: Why Telnet? (Was RE: Connection refused - why?)

appearantly you have not read the article that says most security issues/hacks come from the INSIDE :) If I can find the URL again I will forward it out.

SSH should be installed by default, if it is not, then you are using an old and decrepid OS (or miroshaft.. and it that case use the FREE ssh client PuTTY).. Solaris 8 can have ssh with very few steps, solaris 9 and 10 come with ssh by default (not that Sun machines are secure out of the box or anything but thats a whole other argument)

Tommy