Re: Intel® 82845G Extreme Graphics on-board Video Card

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 cbice megavolt com wrote:

> Ok, Im about ready to blow up this new Dell PC.  It has an Intel® 82845G
> Extreme Graphics on-board Video Card with 64MB of RAM.  I cannot for the
> life of me, get the XWindow server in RH8.0 to work with it.  The monitor
> im using is a Gateway FPD1520 15" Flat Panel. It works wonderfully in
> Windoze, but a no go in linux.  This is a brand new system from Dell.  Any
> help would be greatly appreciated.

The VESA driver will give you very generic video support with this
chipset.  RedHat XF86 rpms currently do _not_ support it;  You have to
either try building XFree86 from current cvs or wait for a few months.  I
hit this problem last week with a new development box.

A google for intel redhat 82845G will give you lots of info.

--
Michael D. Jurney
mike jurney org