Re: [rhn-users] usb camera removes second cdrom-R/RW

On Fri, 2002-12-13 at 17:07, Sandor Suta wrote:
> > It looks like changing the order , changes the SCSI-ID (0,0,0 and 1,0,0)
> > and  kudzu thinks they are different devices.
> How and what is changeing the order? is this viewable/changeable in any
> file?

I wonder if when you booted your computer for the very first time in RH
8.0, perhaps you had your camera plugged in and turned on, and it was
detected as 0,0,0 and this got stored somewhere, and changing the order
of SCSI detection on future boots caused the problem.  The camera was
initially first SCSI device.  On future boots without the camera, your
CD becomes first (though it was second before).  Now you stick in a
camera, 1,0,0 appears, and something thinks it's your CD drive which was
second device at one time.

You said it works now?  I hope it continues to work as expected.

-Ryan