RPM's for qt-3.1.0

I'm looking at creating a qt-3.1.0 RPM for RedHat 8.0 (psyche) in preparation
for the upcoming KDE release (and other reasons) by backporting applicable
3.0.5 patches, applying applicable Rawhide patches and fixing the Xft2
linkage problems via a config patch rather than via patches to the
filesystem.  I was wondering if anybody has already done this.  No point in
reinventing the wheel.
--

Regards,
John Bell,