Re: Shutdown Linux using computer's power off button

On Tue, 2002-12-17 at 01:11, leeweiqi wrote:
> Hi all, In Windows XP there's an option to shutdown Windows "safely" when the power button on my computer was pressed. Is there any way to do this in Linux?
Yes, ACPI.  You need to recompile the kernel with ACPI support, and boot
from that.  I recommend kernel 2.4.19 (not 2.4.20).
--
Iain Buchanan <iain nospam pcorp com au>
Grandpa Charnock's Law:

	[I thought it was when your kids learned to drive.  Ed.]