Re: need MID sound support - getting plugger and RealOne Player toco-exist???

Alexander Volovics wrote:

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 03:23:36PM -0500, Elton Woo wrote:

I downloaded and installed the Unix/Linux community supported RealOne Player from this site:
However, in order to run the player as a helper application BUT NOT
as an inline application. I had to uninstall Plugger 4.0, as plugger would
complain that it could not find a realplayer module.>

I don't quite understand what you are trying to do. I installed RealOne Player and it coexist with plugger without problems.

oops... I just noticed that the URL that I gave above is for
RealPlayer8. The URL for RealOne Player for linux is:

I just installed Player following instructions and I can use it for
streaming audio and video out of mozilla/galeon without having to do
any further configuration in mozilla/galeon.

I installed it (R1P) both as root (to /usr/lib/RealPlayer9),
and as user (to /home/{username}/RealPlayer9)/.

Perhaps that was the _wrong_ way to install it ?
The downloaded file is

elwoo videotron ca - ICQ #149608718 (Montreal, Quebec, CANADA).
LINUX Reg'd User #193975 - AMD Athlon CPU on board.