Re: Fail to boot RH8-cd on an IBM A31P laptop

It may be that the A31P does not boot from images bigger than 1.44Mb.
iirc the RH8 boot cd (cd#1) has a boot image bigger than 1.44Mb.  Your
problem is similar to mine with a Toshiba Tecra 8000. It will only boot
1.44Mb images. Sigh, pretty annoying stuff. You will have to make a boot
floppy. Or bug IBM to put some brains in their bios :)

Cheers,
Patrick