Dual Boot Setp

Hello,

I have two seperate hard drives; the boot drive is 3 GB and has Win2k SP3 installed.  I am new to Linux and have Red Hat 8.0.  I have a second (slave) drive that is roughly 40GB in size.  I have just installed a new Intel P3 Celeron board with 1.4 Ghz Processor with 256 MB RAM

First Id like to create a dual boot setup and am not quite sure how to set that up with Linux.
Second.. I am creating a RAWRITE boot disk... and if this were Windows I could boot with my disk, and install Windows from the I386 folder into whatever drive I wanted. Is it that simple with Linux?

- Kris