Re: netcfg

On Wed, 2002-12-18 at 09:54, Jesse Keating wrote:
> >From: "sandrewz" <sandrewz yahoo com>
>

> > Is there an equivalent tool in Psyche for netcfg?
> >
> > sandrewz
> >

> There is netconfig which is CLI, or neat which is gui.

netconfig is just for setting up interfaces. You can't manage them and
it asks you for the information with a blank slate, not with the old
information. There is neat-tui, but it crashes every time I select
Ethernet using RedHat 7.3. I have turned in a bug report about it.
Another downside to neat-tui is it is part of redhat-config-network with
contains the gui version and wants 20 packages of X libraries and such
to install. Not a great thing for servers you don't want X on, and
administrate remotely. That is another bug report. The response to
making it a separate package was, good point.