Re: looking for good small linux installations

JBRENNANSARDOU aol com wrote:
Hello everybody,
I'm in education and I am trying to recycle small time Pentiums with small disks : some only have disks of about 170megas. Are there any linux versions out there which take up only about 110 megas thus leaving some space for data.
Thanks for any advice perhaps I should give up the ghost and be realistic?
John Brennan-Sardou
jbrennansardou aol com

Try the RULE project first (http://www.rule-project.org/en/), although 170MB is pretty small. Perhaps you could combine all of the hard drives into one server and use LTSP (http://www.ltsp.org/).

Forrest