Re: Why no 'Kill App'??

On Thu, 26 Dec 2002 17:12:27 -0500
Derek Martin <rh sophic org> wrote:

> Red Hat has chosen to use Metacity as their default GNOME WM instead.
> Why they did this, I have no idea, though I suspect most of the
> reasoning has something to do with code maintenance, and nothing to do
> with usability...
>
> So the problem is the combination of an unreasonable[1] default WM,
> with a lack of an easy way to change it.  Each is partly responsible.

Hrm, I had heard the opposite, that Metacity was the new default, form
Gnome.org.  Perhaps I was misinformed.

The reasons for using Metacity given to me was the fact that sawfish was
supposedly very buggy with Gnome2.  Of course, since I neither use
Gnome, nor any of those WMs, I can't attest to the truth of these
reasons.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
For Web Services and Linux Consulting, Visit --> j2Solutions.net

Was I helpful?  Let others know: