Re: Lost files...can they be recovered?

>> ... and went to the mnt/neil folder and did a drag and drop of files on the local laptop to the share. But the share was not actually mounted. ... <<

If the share is still not mounted, look in /mnt/neil. You may well find you files there. If you find your server directory structure, try to unmount the share.

In fact, before giving up, I'd shutdown the server to be sure that nothing could get auto-mounted before I looked in /mnt/neil.

good luck,

ck