usbdevfs error

I'm trying to get my scanner to work with RedHat Psyche, it is a USB Canon
FB630U, so it should be supported. There seems to be problems with usbdevfs,
this is what dmesg reports:

usbdevfs: USBDEVFS_CONTROL failed dev 3 rqt 128 rq 6 len 637 ret -110
usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout

I tried to google for it and found many questions about the same error but
no answers. What does that mean? What should I do to get my scanner to work?

Marja Fomin

Kuukausimaksuton nettiyhteys: http://www.suomi24.fi/liittyma/
Yli 12000 logoa ja soittoääntä: http://sms.suomi24.fi/