Re: In-depth review of RHL9 technical changes

Dax Kelson wrote:
I written up a close examination of Red Hat Linux 9. The review covers
three main categories:
You can find the review at:

Comments and feedback welcome.

I thought the review was very well done and answered a lot of questions I had about RH9. A nice bonus for me was your link to the reallyslick.com OpenGL screensavers. I had never seen these before. Luckily, they ran on my 8.0 laptop and they blew me away.

One thing I want to mention about the XFree 4.3.0-2 part of the review is that the ability to prevent Ctrl-Alt-Backspace to end the X session has been in X for some time, but with a different option name, "DontZap". I've used it before as follows:

Section "ServerFlags"

    # Uncomment this to disable the <Crtl><Alt><BS> server abort

I'm not sure how it differs from the "HandleSpecialKeys Never" option.

Keep up the good work of guru labs!

Best Regards,
Droplets of yes and no in an ocean of maybe
Got spam? Get spastic http://spastic.sourceforge.net