Re: I'm leaking, and I don't know why...

Camron W. Fox wrote:
	Sorry. I failed to mention what happens afterwards. Yes, the system
comes to a grinding halt if I try to run apps like mozilla or openoffice
and makes operation untenable. I've double checked /etc/cron.d to make
sure nothing unnecessary is running. It acts as if reallocation is not

Ouch! Well, you might want to start by changing your default runlevel to 3 and
boot into a command prompt to see if it happens without X running. If it also leaks without X, then we might start to suspect one of the services. I haven't searched bugzilla to see if something like this is already known, but you could also look there:

Best Regards,
Droplets of yes and no in an ocean of maybe
Got spam? Get spastic http://spastic.sourceforge.net