RE: system clock setting itself back 7 hours and nic goes to sleep

At 09:40 PM 4/4/2003 -0700, you wrote:

I thought the very same thing, but I didn't know where to go with it. My system time stays on MNT time. Also, GMT is 7 hours ahead, not behind. Very funky. I hope someone has had this problem before and can share some clues.

This could happen easily if your computer thought the SYSTEM clock should be in Mountain time and the HARDWARE clock on GMT. If so, then at some point it would read the hardware clock, subtract 7 hours, and set the system clock appropriately.

I find it easiest to set the hardware clock to GMT and tell RHL you did so:

# date 1234567889
# hwclock --utc --systohc

Make sure you run timeconfig to tell the computer the system is MNT but the hardware clock is GMT.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz simpaticus com