RH9 (Shrike) impressions so far

I've just finished doing a pretty basic install, restored the user files from tape (across the network) and started to tinker a little, and guess what, the machine locked up tight!!! Blinking Keyboard LED's and all! If anybody is truly interested in the crash output I can set up a serial console, (does the default kernel allow this?)

I'm using an Intel Motherboard model D845GBV. The only reason I figured I'd upgrade is for version 4.3 of XFree86 (which I had previously compiled.

Oh well back to to the drawing board...

Jeff