Transferring RedHat 8.0 to a new computer

Hello everyone,

I am a typical home user, running RedHat 8.0 in a dual boot environment
with Win98.

Windows 98 is on hda, RedHat 8.0 is on hdb.  GRUB is the boot manager,
and I believe it resides on the primary IDE drive hda.

Here's what I want to do.  I've got a new (to me) computer with WinXP
already loaded on the primary IDE drive hda.  This drive is formatted as
a FAT32 single partition just like the hda on my old computer.

I would like to transfer my existing RedHat 8.0 installation to this
new computer by simply installing my Linux hard drive as hdb.  I'm
guessing that I will need to re-install GRUB somehow onto hda.

Will this work?  Will RedHat detect any hardware changes on this new
system when it boots up (I'm thinking maybe the video card, modem,
various ports, other...) ?

Any advice, tips, and reassurance would be greatly appreciated, esp.
relating to GRUB.

- Hal