Upgrade to a new major version of RHL [was: ram test -]

John T Nelson wrote:

> Does this work upgrading from 7.3 to 8.0?
>
> What is the recommended strategy for moving up by a major version?

For upgrades from 8.0 to 9 (maybe also 7.x to 9, but I'm not sure) you
can get support from Red Hat, so it *should* work. Upgrades from beta
versions are not supported.

Personally, I always prefer to do a fresh install instead of an upgrade.

Best regards,
Martin Stricker
Linux Migration Project: http://www.linux-migration.org/
Red Hat Linux 7.3 for low memory: http://www.rule-project.org/