Configuring NE2000 Clone Card

Hi,

I've tried this on a couple of newsgroups without a bite, hope you will
indulge me here.

I'm installing a D-Link DE-528 under RH 8.0. I would use another card, but I
need the 10base2 for a long run away from the main hub. Testing now with the
10baseT port.

The card seems to install fine, but just doesn't work. I can't ping any
device on the network except this one itself and I can't ping this one from
anywhere else. I have removed and re-added the card under system tools. I
get a message saying that it can't initialize the card when I use anything
but the PCI NE2000 Clones entry, which should be right. The hardware browser
shows me an
RTL8029 AS, which should be right.

Suggestions?

Thanks,