hwclock hangup the system!!!

Hello

  When system resume from suspending, apmd will call "hwclock
--localtime --hctosys" to set system from BIOS, but for my laptop, this
hangup the system, I then should reboot system using power button.

  Even excute "hwclock --show" by root, It alse hangup the system. My
laptop is IBM Thinkpad R31. Is this a bug? Bios or redhat or hwclock?