Re: How to inscrease size of swap

I thought you could have more than one swap partition, with the maximum
size of any swap being 2Gb.  So, why not skip the risky "parted" and add
another swap drive?  Format it as swap, add it to /etc/fstab and when
the system boots, it should find it listed in fstab and add it to the
swap space.

Then again, it is always better to never need swap.  I run my servers
with 2Gb of swap and I try to keep 0 bytes of it used.  RAM is cheaper
than the major performance hit of swap thrashing.

My $0.02.

-Michael

On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 10:52:50AM +0700, Le Ngoc Thach wrote:
> Hi all,
> How I can inscrease size of swap without loss data in RedHat Linux
8.0? or
> What program to resize partition ext3, swap without loss data in
RedHat
> Linux 8.0
>
> Le Ngoc Thach.
parted will resize a partition.