Re: ipchains and masquerading help

At 09:00 PM 4/23/2003 +1000, you wrote:
nic one -> static IP address, routed through adsl modem. (210.8.131.XXX)
(ETH0)
nic two -> dhcp'ing 192.168 address --> net interface 192.168.0.1 (ETH1)

I can reach the internet from nic one without a problem, but trying to get
out
from nic two, does not work, I believe it's a problem with it not
masquerading
correctly... or at all..

I don't see a MASQ command anywhere in your iptables, but then again was only able to take a very quick peek. May I suggest that you download and run Shorewall (www.shorewall.net) instead of using lokkit? I have found it extremely easy, intuitive, and powerful, and I'd bet you have your configuration properly set up and working in about 30 minutes with it.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz simpaticus com