Sound problem

Hi all folks,

KDE Desktop
==========-

I have following sound problem.  During login, following message popup

Informational - artsmessage
===========================
Sound server informational message:
Error while initializing the sound driver:
device /dev/dsp can't be opened (No such device)
The sound server will continue, using the null output device

"Volume Control" and "Sound Mixer" could not start

Kindly advise how to rectify this problem.  Or which list shall I
subscribe for advice.  I am currently subscribing "Alsa-user"

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards
Stephen Liu